This article is considered computer programmes in teaching foreign language in modern world, its usefulness and effectiveness. It considers effective ways of teaching at the English lesson. It shows a great interest of pupils in learning the language. Information and communication technology has affected language instruction in higher education. The advent of the Internet and the wide spread of technology in our life create new opportunities for language learning. The Internet is considered as the instrument in increasing their motivation, formation of strong language skills and improvement of foreign language skills.The article discusses the ways of forming information literate personality in the conditions of Digital Kazakhstan. It is also said that, based on advanced information technologies, computer-based training programs are capable of learning a foreign language and with the help of these programs improved skills in writing, listening,reading and speaking.
Today Kazakhstan steps into the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, in other hands; steps into the deep and intensive changes of technological, economic and social spheres. Information technology has become an important factor which determines the place of Kazakhstani society in modern information civilization. The achievement of a state is determined by nation's intellectual position, efficiency of the national education system and ability to respond to the present challenges. Certainly, any citizen should be more competent and more educated in the advanced innovation epoch. It's very important to raise digital literacy of population when Kazakhstan is on the stage of becoming a digital country. At the time of the Internet, the state has fully supported IT technology. The main necessity of modern digital world is teaching ordinary people to the advanced programs. The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev says in his annual Address to the people: «There is a need for a wide program against the illiteracy of computer science. In 2019, 80 % and in 2020 at least 90 % of public services must be digitalized. Our people should be educated; people around the world keep up with the times». The content of the current year's Address is about the necessity of adapting the education system, communication and industry for the requirements of a new industrialization epoch. We have defined the major approaches to secondary education, and at the current stage, we need to focus on them. He predicts that in 2018 it is necessary to start developing the third five- year plan of industrialization for the formation of the «digital age» industry. That is why we need to continue working on the development of digital educational resources, broad banding the access to the Internet, and equipping our schools with video equipment. There is a big need to form the educational program which takes into account students' digital skills. It is said that video blogs and video tutorials of the best teachers from secondary school, high school and college should be posted in the Internet. In his Address «Mangilik Yel» the President of Kazakhstan says «Our bright future depends on a creation of new opportunities for Kazakhstani people. In the XXI century the people of the developed country must be active, educated and healthy».
The Republic of Kazakhstan is stepping into a new stage of a system of education. The main purpose of education is bringing up knowledgeable, self-motivated, competitive and broad-minded personality . As Kazakh head of the state N.A. Nazarbayev said in his address, «The well-being of the population and accession of Kazakhstan to the list of 30 developed countries are the long-term goals of our independent state. For the twenty-first century, there is no such thing as a new technology, but to embark on this technology and bring it to life, to learn and to develop - is the essence of today's education». We need to know that the key to that faith is in the hands of qualified and educated teachers. At the present time developed information and communication technologies are integral part of the educational policy. The new level and quality of knowledge lies on using the latest achievements in the field of information technology, it is one of the most important goals of nowadays. The use of IT in teaching English can be the basis for a comprehensive studyof students and recognition as a good, well-developed student of our country within trilingual policy. It is important to emphasize that the only goal of education is not bringing up highly educated professionals, but also bringing up the highest level of morality and humanity in a person. Teaching the international language of the Republic of Kazakhstan with the help of New Technologies is relevant to these days. The quality of teaching technology is measured by its final result. Nowadays there are a lot of new pedagogical technologies.
The following issues of pedagogical technologies help:
- to influence on learners to get a high level of language skills;
- to use English in everyday life and develop practical orientation of English;
- to form cognitive abilities of a student;
- to solve the problem in collaboration [2, 3].
At present, an English teacher's mission is not only teaching language skills, but also teaching students to work on themselves. The only task for a teacher is improve student's thinking ability and using new technological methods to have a good education. With the help of new technologies - language skills as writing, listening, understanding and speaking developed easily. As for the psychologists, everybody has computers, laptops, videos and TVs at home, so children perceives things around in this way. The capabilities of new technologies allow students to be successful in reading and learning, to promote creativity, to increase their interest to the subject, to create the best conditions for listening and speaking skills, and to get a qualitative education. The main objectives of IT at English lessons are: increasing motivation, developing language competence, understanding the texts in another language, providing information in a contextual and consistent manner, increasing linguistics and socio-cultural structure of the learning country, increasing ability of learning English individually. IT helps to use the whole complex of methodological, didactic, pedagogical and psychological principles. It makes cognitive process interesting and creative, allows each student to work individually. New technology opens a new kind of cognitive activity which gives a good result in learning, develops cognitive activity of learners and teaches them to search and orientate in the big flow of information. The efficiency of IT at a foreign language lesson depends on teacher skills. The main task of teaching foreign language is to teach language in a communicative way. The learners should be able to share information and exchange opinions, to analyze the responses, critically summarize their own thoughts, to conduct interactive work. Innovative educational technologies have a great impact on the development of the education system. Their use increases the level of student's self-study; making learning process interesting; create unprecedented professional skills and create new opportunities.
The requirements for a modern teacher seek to help the student to learn independently, to awaken his interest to the lesson and after that the student is committed to the knowledge of new things and seeks to improve knowledge. New pedagogical technologies are widely developed in General education systems. Each teacher makes effort to intocrease the level of knowledge of students using the technology they have chosen. Today holding a lesson in a multimedia room, the use of a computer system in the lessons of a foreign language facilitates, the work of both teachers and students increases the motivation of students. In conclusion, today's lesson should be different from the lessons, and tomorrow's lesson should be better than today's lessons. School technologies include: television programmes, Digital television, Internet/ WWW, mobile phone, mobile devices, computer/laptop. Use digital video (video).In addition, the student also learns not only to search for material on the Internet, but also to access the world's communication centers, work with electronic textbooks. The ability to independently use electronic textbooks and computer teaching AIDS allows students to independently use the acquired knowledge to learn the world in the shortest possible time. The possibilities of using Internet resources are very great and allow students and teachers to get any necessary information, wherever the globe is. For example, material on regional studies, news from the life of young people, articles from Newspapers, necessary literature, etc.b. Also students can participate in testing, quizzes, contests, competitions held via the Internet. Talking about the opportunities and services provided by Internet resources in English language learning we can name the following examples.
- students can perform tasks and exercises in documents provided in online groups, conduct correspondence in the target language by e-mail, participate in virtual communication clubs, teleconferences and exchange text messages in real time, listen to the radio programs, watch videos, use any kind of information;
- the ability to deliver information quickly to any distance, the use of remote sources of information, interactivity (the possibility of quick feedback and interviews), search through search engines and independently, the exchange of materials received on various media, etc.;
- The Internet provides a unique opportunity for learning a foreign language to use authentic texts, listen and communicate with natural linguists which creates a natural language environment .
The use of information technology in English lessons increases the activity of thinking and independent work of students, develops speech and creativity. The world wide web, e - learning resources can be a good helper for their students, as well as for subject teachers who want to expand their knowledge. The teacher is a tool of organization of independent work with computer and management of it in the course of training work with speech and speech material.
The following principles are important in computer linguodidactics:
Learners can use computers at different stages and in different capacities, depending on individual needs.
The computer is often used in the process of learning a personal language for self-study and homework students, used to fill gaps in students' knowledge.
In this case, there are used computer programs specially created for education.
The student for independent work in the programs of computer training :
- Getting a study assignment;
- request additional information necessary for it
- understanding how to complete a task;
- enter answer;
- receive a response to the analysis and evaluation.
In comparison with auditor classes it is possible to note a number of advantages of use of the computer for independent reading of educational material:
- unlimited working time, determined by the requirements of the student;
- free mode of work (choice of working time, determination of breaks in work and speed of assimilation of material);
- exclusion of subjective factors affecting the course of work (no other attitude to any student, not to compare with the results of the work of other students, to evaluate the answer based on explicit criteria, not to disclose the shortcomings of the work).
The method of visualization used while teaching phonetics using a personal computer.
For example, programs «Enjoy Englishwith Professor Higgins».
In the study of grammar:
- formation of literacy skills of reading and listening;
- formation of productive grammatical skills, mainly in writing;
- control the level of formation of grammatical skills on the basis of test programs.
When studying vocabulary:
- formation of receptive lexical abilities of reading and listening;
- formation of productive lexical skills mainly in writing;
- expansion of passive and potential vocabulary.
When learning to read:
- formation of skills of construction of sound letter matches;
- learn to read aloud;
- improvement of teaching methods using the methods of changing the perception zone and intensity of presentation, changing the place of the text,
When teaching listening:
- formation of phonetic listening skills;
- follow the correct understanding of the listened text.
In the study of speech:
- formation of phonetic speech skills;
- organization of communication with pairs and subgroups using role modeling programs.
- It is often recommended to use the following computer programs to learn English:
- «Professor Higgins» (version 6.1) - a complete phonetic, lexical and grammatical multimedia reference simulator for those who want to learn to understand and grammatically correct to speak a good and unusual language, which is the norm in English television.
- «Path to Excellence 2» consists of the following levels:
Beginner Level - for those who started to learn English or studied English at school, but completely forgot it.
Intermediate and Advanced-parts of the course are designed for those who want to develop and strengthen their skills in English orally and in writing.
- «English Discoveries» - 12 multimedia CD courses, divided into five main levels for learning English. The program covers all four aspects of language competence using original English and real life situations (reading, writing, speaking and listening). The collection is based on accepted courses, includes all grammatical structures and offers more than 3,500 lexical units. A special feature of «English Discoveries» is its adaptation to different learning styles, as it includes different teaching methods.
- «Tutor English» — a program for users with an initial level of language proficiency, aimed at the development of speech, listening, reading, interpretation and translation skills. Contains a complete grammar course that supports a system of exercises and tests.
- «Learn to Speak English» (Deluxe 10) is a program with more than 50 lessons, created in the form of games for free and easy perception of the material.
- «Irregular verb» is an effective program for reading and repeating irregular verbs.
- «Idioma, quotes, phrases» are fun programs with definite phrases, idioms, cliches and quotes.
- Talk to Me is an interactive computer-based foreign language course. The latest multimedia technology helps you to learn the language quickly and efficiently. This program helps you learn to speak correctly and teaches you to speak fluently. The Talk to Me tutorials will improve your overall speaking skills and will be interesting to people of different ages.
- Assimil is one of the most comprehensive and effective ways to learn a foreign language that has been used worldwide for more than 75 years. It's a real opportunity to learn English, only half an hour a day. The tutorial complements the classroom auditorium and the language proficiency of the speakers. The Tutorial incorporates audio recordings of tutorials and exercises that are taught by language speakers on the CD. The method of assimilation consists of two phases of language development. Passive Phase: You learn only through repetition and understanding of the language. Active phase: Increase vocabulary and form your own sentences. You will understand English well after two months. After three months, you will be able to speak fluent English in modern English.
- Mathmasser (program for selecting conformity) This versatile program is always in demand. The reader should properly add the lexical units of the left and right columns (three lines before the new word). The selection is done by scanning two columns using the pointer. The host device allows you to reproduce exercises on paper for both individual and classroom work.
- Choisiser (program for choosing variants) This is a simple program for creating multi-choice exercises. The programmer can select 3–5 versions of the selection and different number for each example and include an error indicator that records every wrong action when needed. Questions can be either parallel or split. The teacher is not required to follow a certain number of the questions during preparing exercises. The questions can be added after finishing exercises. This is done by the «Fixer» program. The computer assistant can select auditing and training modes. The first one does not know which of the student's responses are correct until the exercise is complete, the second mode is immediately responsible and provides an error indicator. If necessary, the results of the student's work can be printed [5, 6].
- Cloizmaster (program for selecting spaces) The program allows a teacher or a student to enter, record or edit a volume up to 50 lines of text. The student will select the text by name and specify what words should be left in the text (every fifth to fifteenth word) before displaying it on the display. Then they read the text with the numbered spaces and fill them. Texts of different languages with vacancies can be printed in printed form. The trainees can fill the paper at their own convenience and compare their results with the computer data at a convenient time.
- CrosswordMaster (CrossCover MasterCard) The program allows you to create, write, and solve crossscribes on your computer, and also provide a working mode for both learners. The programmer can determine the diagrams of the charts (from 5 to 15 squares in any direction), where words and spacescan be pressed. Crosswords can be anywhere - trained and entertaining, with the words or text that you have created.
- Unicef (programmer to set) In the text, the pre-selected words or concepts are separated by a clearer picture. The student should place other words or concepts instead.
- Unilex (text-based software). The program lists all the words in the alphabet and displays the frequency of each word. It can be used to prepare lexical explanations for specific texts.
- Gammasstorm (program to fill spaces) The program allows the teacher to make large texts and define an element - the suffix, annex, word, or concept to be left out. If necessary, it can fix a different, valid answer. Text is input through a special processor. The trainee can fill out spaces in any sequence and select auditing or training modes. Each answer may be with the key that appears during the correct answer. This program is often chosen by teachers to monitor strict control over the use of language units.
- Pinpoint (program for perception) The program offers a game that is widely used to reset the text theme with the least context. It includes 60 text-templates on different themes. The program uses one of the six themes shown on the screen and displays one word in the text. The remainder of this text is reserved. Using a minimal amount of information, the learner will be able to find out which theme of the six sums corresponds to this text. He can ask for additional words until he or she creates a topic.
- Speeddrive (program for speed reading) Text can be displayed on the screen for 8 consecutive periods (the student can select the time displayed: from 1 minute to 9 seconds - for very slow reading, 9 seconds - for fast training). The purpose of the exercises is to teach fast learning content. Questions may be asked for plenty of choice after each page or entire text. The text may be displayed as normal, as well as with a bold font. When choosing display time, the text may be used to test reading skills with a general context of time without restriction.
- Storeport (Text Program) The tutor picks up the screen and writes the text. Using the logic, logic, and language skills, trainees need to reset this text on the screen (the letters in each word are replaced by claws). This exercise stimulates educational activity. During the work, the teacher may lose patience and look at individual letters, but learners, as practice has shown, never try to do it and try to recover the whole text altogether. There are also additional exercises for inventions and inserts .
- Testmasters (question-and-answer software) This is an easy-to-use program for any subject at any level. The teacher will be able to prepare a chain of couples of any length, considering the possible answers to the answers. The student must complete the answer. He can answer questions in any sequence and work in auditor and trainer modes [4, 8].
Thus, the program of foreign language teaching not only develops creativity, but also improves the skills of speaking and writing. By analyzing the use of information technologies in English lessons, you can draw the following conclusion: The quality of learning increases, ensures the harmonious development of personality, helps to form a knowledgeable culture of information culture, reduces barriers to language barrier. It is also useful to create pedagogical, psychological conditions that will lead to comprehensive education of the future generations, the business and demand, creativity and free development.
- Kazakhstan Respublikasynyn Prezidenti N. Nazarbaevtyn Kazakhstan halkhyna Zholdauy 2018 zhilhi 10 kantar [Address of the President of Kazakhstan to the People of Kazakhstan dated January 10, 2018]. kz/addresses/addresses_of_president/kazakstan- respublikasynyn-prezidenti-n-nazarbaevtyn-kazakstan-halkyna-zholdauy-2018-zhylgy-10-kantar
- Sysoyev, P.V. (2001) Yazyk i kultura: v poiskakh novoho napravleniia v prepodavanii kultury strany izuchaemoho yazyka [Language and culture: in search of the new direction in teaching culture of the country of the learned language]. Inostrannye yazykі v shkole – Foreign language at school, Vol. 4, 12–18 [in Russian].
- Buzaubaeva, K.J. (2004). Zhana pedahohikalyk tekhnolohiia [New pedagogical technologies]. Almaty [in Kazakh].
- Nagaosa, N. (1999). Quantum field theory in strongly correlated electronic systems. Germany. springer.com. Retrieved from https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783540659815.
- Kargin, S.T., Lyubonskaya, L.P., & Shevlyakova, L.R. (2006). Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po primeneniiu multimediinykh tekhnolohii pri podhotovke i provedenii uchebnykh zaniatii [Methodical recommendations on the use of multimedia technologies in the preparation and conduct of training sessions]. Karaganda [in Russian].
- Lekerova, G., & Madzhuga, A. (2001). Innovatsionnye pedahohicheskie tekhnolohii v obrazovatelnom protsesse [Innovative pedagogical technologies in the educational process]. Vysshaia shkola Kazakhstana – Kazakhstan High School, Vol. 6, 29–32 [in Russian].
- Polat, Y.S. (2002). Novye pedahohicheskie i informatsionnye tekhnolohii v sisteme obrazovaniia [New pedagogical and information technologies in the education system]. E.S. Polat (Ed.). Moscow [in Russian].
- Sysoyev, P.V., & Yevstigneyev, M.N. (2008). Sovremennye uchebnye Internet-resursy v obuchenii inostrannomu yazyku [Modern educational Internet resources in teaching foreign language]. Inostrannye yazyki v shkole – Foreign languages at school, Vol. 5, 12–14 [in Russian].