Introduction. Activation in tissues of processes of oxidative modification of proteins and lipid peroxidation (LPO) is one of the leading pathogenetic factors of hepatitis development of any etiology. Progression of chronic liver diseases requires finding new, relatively inexpensive, but highly efficient hepatoprotectors, including those that would have an expressed antioxidant activity.
Therefore, the actual and top-priority direction of modern pharmacy is creation of new and effective drugs based on plant raw materials.
In our studies we have used a tincture of lance-leaved hosta, which has hydroxycinnamic and organic acids that exhibit antioxidant properties.
The aim of the study.To study the impact of the tincture of lance-leaved hosta on indicators of free radical oxidation in rats under conditions of experimental acute tetrachlorolnethane hepatitis.
Materials and methods.The research has been conducted on nonlinear white rats - males weighing 170-180 g, which have been kept on a standard diet vivarium of Ternopil I. Ya. HorbachevskyiState Medical University. The hepatoprotective activity of 50% tincture of lance-leaved hosta at a dose of 0.15 ml/kg of body weight has been studied on the model of tetrachlorolnethane liver injury on the 4th, 7th and 14th day of hepatitis development. Euthanasia of rats has been performed with the help of thiopental anesthesia. For studies blood serum and liver of experimental animals have been used. In the experiment all rules of Convention for the Protection of Vertebrate Animals have been followed.
The activity of processes of free radical oxidation have been evaluated by the content of TBA - active products (TBA-AP) and products of oxidative modification of proteins (OMP) in blood serum and liver of rats.
Results and discussion.In rats affected by tetrachlorolnethane the increased content of TBA-AP and OMP products of neutral OMP (370 nm) and main (430 nm) character in blood serum and liver of experimental animals has been observed. This indicates an intensification of the processes of free radical oxidation and antioxidant system suppression.
After correction of violations by the tincture of lance-leaved hosta we have seen a significant reduction of indicators content we have studied, both in blood serum and liver of experimental animals.
Conclusion.The results of the conducted studies show a positive impact of the tincture of lanceleaved hosta on indicators of free radical oxidation in rats affected by tetrachlorolnethane that may be a display of the antioxidant effect of the studied pharmacological medicinal product.
- Intensyvnisfokyslyuvarnoyimodyfikatsiyibilkiviperekysnohookysnennyalipidivukrovishchurivzaumo vtoksychnohohepatytutakombinovanoyidiyinastoyankyekhinatseyipurpurovoyitaetoniyu / I.F. Meshchyshen, I.M. Yaremiy, N.P. Hryhor"yeva,N.V. Davydova. // Medychnakhimiya. - 2006. - t.8, №3 - S. 79-81.
- Medvid' I. I. Doslidzhennyahostroyitoksychnostinastoykyzlystyachornoyishovkovytsi / I. I. Medvid', L. S. Fira // Ukrayins'kyybiofarmatsevtychnyyzhurnal. - Kharkiv : VydavnytstvoNFaU. - 2011. - №3(14). - S. 24-27.
- Yzporzovanyelaboratornykhzhyvotnykhvtoksykolohycheskomeksperymente: [metod. rekomend.] / pod.red. P.Y. Sydorova. - Arkhanhel'sk, 2002. - 84 s.
- ArchakovA.Y., MykhosoevY.M. Modyfykatsyyabelkovaktyvnymkyslorodomyykhraspad // Byokhymyya. - 1998. - 54,№ 2. - S. 179 - 186.
- Stal'nayaY. D. Metodopredelenyyamalonovohodyal'dehydaspomoshch'yutyobarbyturovoykysloty / Y. D. Stal'naya, T. H. Haryshvyly // Vkn.: Sovremennyemetodyvbyokhymyy / pod..red. V. N. Orekhovycha. - M. : Medytsyna, 1977. - S. 66-68.