This article represents foreign language materials for the course of "Professionally Oriented Foreign Language", which are aimed at preparing students ofthe specialty 5B060800-Ecology to obtain in-depth and expanded knowledge about the ecological situation in Kazakhstan. These materials help students develop the skills of reading and understanding texts on ecology in a foreign language, be able to express their thoughts in English when performing various tasks and be able to analyze the available results.
Polylogism under the appropriate principles of humanism can stimulate humanization in the national educational system. The realization of the cultural project "Trinity of languages" in Kazakhstan requires the development of three languages: Kazakh as a state language, Russian as a language of interethnic communication and English as a language of successful integration into the global economy. Learning a no foreign language forms a communicative skill, which necessary for a person as a member of society, a member of the collective, a member of the family. It involves the ability to listen the interlocutor, to join in communication to support him. English as a medium of international communication takes the leading position in the world.
Knowledge of Kazakh, Russian and foreign languages becomes an integral part of personal and professional activity of mankind in modern society. All this in general cause the requirement for a large number of citizens, who are practically and professionally speak several languages and who receive in this connection a real chance to occupy a more prestigious position in socially and professionally life.
The most important strategic goal of Kazakhstan's education is, on the one hand, the preservation of the best educational traditions of Kazakhstan, on the other hand, the provision Ofgraduates with international qualifications, the development of their linguistic consciousness.The content of multicultural education is multifaceted. This content differs in a high degree of interdisciplinarity, which makes it possible to consider the problems of multicultural education as part of academic disciplines. Of course, teachers use innovative methods, methods of forming interest in learning, methods of forming debt and responsibility in training, activate the process of language learning and contribute to the effectiveness of acquirement Kazakh, Russian and foreign languages.
Teaching subjects of natural direction is effective when students have a certain basic level of knowledge and skills in English and they are freely guided in specific technical terminology. The preparation teachers for learning English was started in Atyrau State University named afte H-Dosmukhamedov since 2010.The following components that were chosen for the specialty 5B060800-Ecology are "Ecology of water ecosystems", "Social Ecology and Sustainable Development", "Environmental licensing and insurance" and the mandatory component is "Professionally-oriented foreign language".
The purpose of the course "Professionally Oriented Foreign Language" is increasing the level of professional preparedness of future specialists in the field of ecology, nature protection and rational nature management, energy and resource saving, and sustainable development for the formation of basic ecological thinking in bachelors in a foreign language, deepening and expanding professionally-oriented foreign language knowledge and the ability to apply it in the future work.
The objectives of the program include:
- To familiarize students with the categorical-conceptual apparatus of ecology in a foreign language, the basics of vocabulary and grammar of professionally- oriented foreign language specialties;
- To give an idea of the theoretical and applied aspects of the study of modern ecology, the state of environmental science in the world and Kazakhstan, the scientific information and educational resources on ecology and sustainable development in a foreign language;
- Give knowledge of the general patterns of interaction between living organisms and the environment, the evolution of the biosphere and the development of social ecology, environmental culture and education, using a professionally-oriented foreign language;
- To promote the use of a foreign language specialty to study the human impact of man on the biosphere and the need for environmental protection, environmental management, as well as the basics of environmental management and law for the use in practice of environmental specialists;
- To create skills of proficiency in the professionally oriented language of the specialty for conducting discussions on strategic directions of development of ecology in and sustainable development of the world in the 21st century, prospects for using alternative energy in solving environmental problems in Kazakhstan.
To achieve the goal, we use foreign language material, which provides great opportunities for implementing interdisciplinary links of the environment with a foreign language and raises the motivation for studying ecology. However, you need to carefully choose the material which used in the class. Texts, audio recordings, demonstrations should correspond to the topic of the lesson, the level of development of knowledge, skills of students in ecology and a foreign language and do not contain ecological and linguistic errors.
You can use various forms of material's inclusion in a foreign language in environmental studies, taking into account the environmental problems of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Here are some examples:
- Work with textual information (reading, translating, retelling texts on ecology in a foreign language). This kind of work best allows students to expand the stock of foreign words in the field of ecology. Let's give an example of a text in English on the topic "My country" ("My country"). Stressed are those words that students need to find, focusing on the scheme and learn. In the scheme it is necessary to find the appropriate words from the words below: temperature, Asia, Caspian, River, summer, Azgir, sea, Turkmenistan, gas, Taysoygan, ecological, resources.Kazakhstanofficially Republic of Kazakhstan, has the population of 15,186,000 people and territory 2,719,500 sq km, is situated in Asia. It borders on Siberian in the north,in the
east, Kyrgyzstan, , and Turkmenistan in the south. Kazakhstan consists of a, bordered by a belt in the southeast. The in Kazakhstan is
continental. In summer the temperatures more than 30 oC (86 °F) and in average -20 oC (-4.0 °F). The Kazakh Hills in the core of the region have important resources. Coal is mined at Qaraghandy and Ekibastuz, and there are
major fields in the Emba basin (which includes the important Tengiz fields), in the
Mangyshlak Peninsula, and at Karachaganak (near the Russian border NE of Aksai). Kazakhstan also has large deposits of natural gas, iron ore, manganese, chrome, lead, zinc, silver, copper, nickel, titanium, bauxite, and.
Conversation in a foreign language on environmental issues. The purpose of theconversation is involving students in direct communication in a foreign language, which allows them to express their thoughts and develop the ability to listen carefully to other talking people.
Areas of Kazakhstan
- Remember: This is a communication game, so you are doing it with your partner!
- You and your partner must fill out the table in the appropriate boxes based on the below suggestions.
- Use the modals may, might, could for suggestions which are possible.
- Use 'must' if you think you are certain.
- Kyzylorda area has Aral sea ecological issue.
- The ecological issue of South area is Aral sea.
- The Kazakhstan area that has Aral sea, grow and process rice.
- There are five ecological issues: a coal basin, Aral sea, Caspian sea, Azgir nuclear test site with Taysoygan military ground, and Semey nuclear test site.
- The area that has 530 700 people riches deposits of oil and gas and the fishing industry.
- The area that has the natural recourses of crops, dairy cattle breeding, the production of agricultural machinery and equipment does not own an ecological issue.
- 530 700 people live in Atyrau area.
- The area with Aral sea ecological problem arranges next to the area where lives 331 500 people, and has Barsakelmes State Nature Reserve protected area.
- The area where lived 530 700 people has State Nature Reserve "Akzhaiyk".
- Akmola area has State national natural parks "Kokshetau" and "Burabai" Korgalzhyn State Reserve of international importance.
- Semey area arranges between Kyzylorda and Akmola.
- Karaganda hasThe State National Nature Park "Buiratau" and Karkaraly State National Nature Park.
- The area that develops the machine building industry has Semey nuclear test site.
- North Kazakhstan area is the area without ecological issue.
- The area where lived 331 500 people has West Altay State Nature Reserve, The State Forest Natural Reserve "Semey ormany".
- The area of West Kazakhstan has two ecological issues: Caspian sea, Azgir nuclear test site with Taysoygan military ground.
- The area with Aral sea ecological issue and the coal basin ecological issue do not arrange next to each other.
- Karaganda area locates in the Central of Kazakhstan.
- 479 267 people live in Karaganda; 744 700 people live in its neighbour.
- The area with 479 267 people has the coal mining, machine building, metal and food industries.
When students fill out a table, they demonstrate their English skills. The student in the process of bilingual communicative activity passes through three main stages: preparatory (motivation on the part of the teacher and obtaining the algorithm of actions), the main (preparing and filling the table with a description in a foreign language or with elements of a foreign language) and the final (summing up the task and discussing it Results).
3. Every ecologist should be able to analyze diagrams, graphs, tables or processes, which at first seem to be the most difficult task. Nevertheless, there is little practice, and the person feels more confident and gradually develops the necessary skills. To this end, the tasks for creating and describing diagrams have been proposed.
Draw a graph or a bar chart to illustrate the data. Write a description for each set of data and give the descriptions titles. Write about 120 words. Read STUDY SKILL
The population of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the beginning of the year 2013
In the planning of the essay, there are three stages: 1) analysis of the picture; 2) identification and grouping of the main trends; and 3) writing several theses. Try to identify similar features and differences, because your task is to compare and contrast. The purpose of the survey is to show the main trends. If you are analyzing a table, chart or diagram, post the review better right after you enter.The study of the course "Professionally Oriented Foreign Language" does not cause great problems for students, since they already have basic knowledge of the English language and it is not difficult for them to orientate themselves in environmental technology. But small difficulties still arise, for example, the heterogeneity of knowledge of a foreign language by all students. Another problem is the lack of special methodological literature in a foreign language.
- Закон «О языках» Республики Казахстан от 11 июля 1997 года № 151-1. http://online.zakon.kz/document/7doc id=1008034
- Закон «Об образовании» Республики Казахстан от Tl июля 2007 года №319- IIIhttp://www.edu.gov.kz/fileadmin/user_upload/zakonodatelstvo/Zakony/Zakon_2007_g oda_No_319.pdf
- Государственная программа развития образования Республики Казахстан на 2011 - 2020 годы от 7 декабря 2010 года №http://ru.qovernment.kz/resources/docs/docl8
- Концепция развития иноязычного образования Республики Казахстан. http://do.qendocs.ru/docs/index-180418.html
- M-Yessenamanova, Zh-Yessenamanova, A.Abuova, S.Karakenova Comparative characteristics of the educational curricula in the field of environmental science in Kazakhstan and England Журнал "International journal of experimental education"№2, 2014 год
- M-Yessenamanova, Zh-Yessenamanova, A.Abuova, S-Karakenova Implementation of poly-lingual programme in higher education in Kazakhstan. Журнал "International journal of experimental education"№4, 2014 год